This is the curriculum of a typical one (1) day workshop on the topic of entrepreneurship and starting-up a new business.
This workshop has been designed specifically for entrepreneurs and business associations whose members include small business owners.
- an understanding of entrepreneurial business types, structures, key business concepts
- an understanding of fundraising (process, documents, investor expectations, capitalization tables and wining approaches)
- a high level understanding of product development, intellectual property, sales and marketing
- a familiarity with technologies for start-ups
- an understanding of business models and the business model canvas
- group exercises that reinforce learning
- resources to help you realize your entrepreneurial dream
This agenda has been designed to fit into a typical busy work day. It is an intensive workshop with 7 hours of classroom learning, two short breaks and a lunch break. The workshop assumes an 8:30 start, 4:00 finish with an hour of open-ended discussion at the end of the day.
|10:45||75||fundraising, corporate structure|
|13:00||90||IP, Cap tables, “pitching”|
|14:45||75||business models, valuation, boards|
|16:00||60||optional Q&A, resources|
This workshop has been designed to address a wide range of backgrounds and experience from the mailroom to the boardroom. No previous experience in business management is assumed.
The workshop can be hosted at your facility or at a local hotel or conference facility.
- if more than five (5) employees from a company are scheduled to attend this workshop, we are able to provide customization of the curriculum to address your unique needs.
How Do I Start?
Contact us with a brief description of your needs, timeframes and follow-up coordinates.